Tuesday 21 October 2014

The origins of a catwoman (part 1)




 Chapter 1- The conversion of a non believer to a cat worshipper

Sometimes I do wonder, you know whether things would have being different under different circumstances. Whether I would have taken another path in life that it wouldn't involve cats... so much.
But in this reality I'm one of those persons who loves cats, I'm a self-confessed and obsessed catwoman  catpurrson and I can't really imagine ever living a life where there are no cats in my home to care for. I also know that some might think that I'm perhaps 'a bit obsessed', you know, loving and caring for my cats more than I really care about other people...
You know, all of you cat crazies out there what I'm talking about if you're one of the many cat people, those people who always put his/her cats first,  so you can accommodate all their needs, whether it is feeding demands or trying to minimize  all stress levels in your home (never play any loud music and generally any loud sounds that could upset them, and of course allowing no visitors under any circumstances in your home or considering going on holidays or even be away for more than a day with your partner as at least one of  you has to be at home at all times to keep an eye on them, especially  when you are looking after very demanding kitties or cats that are seem to be getting a bit old and therefore more needy...more than usual that is, phew!).
Of course I also believe strongly that cats are coming first, in any cat's worshipper home that is, like my own at least and as long as my cats are happy I'm happy too and therefore warnings such as: 'don't touch a hair of my cats' fur or you'll die...' to other people, that is, should not be taken lightly, like I'm just joking...because I'm not, seriously now!

People who have an  do care for cats probably get me, others especially those who don't like cats they have made already their judgement about me, they think that I'm a crazy cat lady that needs help…well I don't, I’m quite happy the way I am, really. 

But I'm not crazy,not really, I just love and admire cats, I'm a normal catpurrson who loves cats and who seems to have some special connection with them, sharing some unique relationship with them, which I don't think I would ever have with any other species, and in particular with any other human being, although I do love all animals and respect all life on this planet (including human life...although at times I do have my own doubts, especially when it comes to some human thinking and behaviours!).

But of course all of us, humans, have our  own reasons for living with and caring for our cats. Although they do seem to some extent  to fulfil our anthropomorphic way of thinking as they do, at some level at least appear to have similar human physical characteristics and personality traits from the way they look, feel when they're touched and behave or even in some cases 'talk' to us with their many different meows and squeaks or even purrs at the same time they also seem to play an important and different for each of us, role. They can be our companions, close and trusted friends, the children who we wish we had or even we let them be in some cases the part of ourselves who we wish we were and allowed to be, free to do what he/she wants when outside, as there are for us, humans, so many rules and norms which they seem to prevent us to be the individuals who somewhere in the unconscious part of our brain we really want to be...wild and free, confused yet? Yes our cats in some respect can be our mini us, a still wild and free us...out there!

Ozzy he is our lattest addition -very cute and very playful ...-too playful at times perhaps!
Till next week when more will be revealed...You can always email me if there are any comments or questions at: kirkiecat@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment